SideNotes 1.1 released
Zielona Gora, Poland - Independent development team Apptorium is today proud to announce the release and immediate availability of SideNotes 1.1, an important update to their note-taking solution for macOS. The app is totally non-distracting, as it hides on the side of the monitor when not being used, and appears instantly when the need arises.
SideNotes allows Mac users to quickly take notes by appearing with a single click of the mouse, by pressing a keyboard shortcut, or by moving the mouse cursor. The application allows users to keep handy notes, graphics, task lists, and more without being distracted from their main workflow, all thanks to the app's clean and minimalistic user interface.
"Have you ever had a thought that came to your mind and all you wanted was to write it down quickly? Meet SideNotes!" says Apptorium CEO Marcin Krzywonos. "It's an app for note-taking where you put all your busy thoughts into a neat, quick and organized way. Enjoy its non-distractive workflow. With SideNotes you can save your ideas, pictures, task lists and many more."
With SideNotes there's no searching under windows on your Mac desktop looking for your notes. The app instantly appears, sliding over the other open windows with the click of a mouse or a quick keyboard combo. The app is completely controlable with the keyboard, allowing users to keep their fingers on the keys.
SideNotes allows users to:
- Smoothly pull out notes from outside your monitor and easily hide them again
- Mark notes with colors and group them into folders
- Drag and drop pictures directly from a web browser
- Save links, code snippets or even colors
- Create task lists and mark items done
- Create notes directly from the pasteboard
- Drop any file or folder
- Three text formatting modes are available: Markdown, Plain Text and Code
SideNotes text formatting takes advantage of both Markdown and plain text formatting. Using Markdown syntax, users can format text quickly. Formatting is rendered on the fly, allowing users to format text without knowing complicated syntax. The app also offers a Text Formatting button that displays a menu of various text formatting options.
Markdown formatting can be disabled by choosing from Plain Text, or Code mode. Developers will appreciate Code mode, as it allows them to store short code snippets, only to retrieve them with just a click. SideNotes also allows users to drop images into notes from saved images or drag-and-drop them directly from a web browser. The image size is automatically adjusted to the note's width. SideNotes also stores the original image, so when a user double-clicks it, the original image opens.
Version 1.1 brings numerous new and improved features:
- Search for notes and folders
- Share Extension
- New option to show and hide the app - by clicking on a menubar icon
- Ability to move notes to other folders
- Dropping any file on the app will create a shortcut to that file with a preview
- Run app on startup
- New keyboard shortcut to pin the app window
- New keyboard shortcut to move notes up and down
- New keyboard shortcut to create a new note from pasteboard
- Ability to set dark and light appearance manually
- AppleScript: ability to get current folder and selected note
- New empty note placeholders
- Fixed: On clickable elements in notes that were on screen bottom
- Fixed: URLs with a dash weren't working
- Fixed: Escape key didn't work properly during editing folder name
- Fixed: Other application scrollbars were not working
- Small bug fixes and performance enhancements
SideNotes also offers users an accessible task list. Users can add a task by clicking the text formatting button or by using the key combo "CMD-T." This creates a line with a checkmark, which can be marked as complete with a single mouse click. The app can also group notes into folders, each note can have one of six pre-set colors.
"SideNotes is the answer to messy desktop," continues Marcin. "If users tend to make a short text files on the desktop, they can now simply Drag & Drop them on the application window. It will copy content of all these files to the application."
- macOS 10.14 or later
- macOS Catalina 10.15 compatible
- 64-bit processor
- 31 MB
Pricing and Availability
SideNotes 1.1 is $19.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Productivity Category. The app is also available through the Apptorium website. A trial download version of the app is also available. Setapp subscribers also get access to SideNotes. Promo Codes are available to members of the press. For more info, please contact Marcin Krzywonos.
Headquartered in Zielona Gora, Poland, Apptorium has been creating Mac and iOS software since 2016. The developers for the company make Mac and iOS apps because that's what they love. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2020 Apptorium. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Mac OS X, and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
- SideNotes 1.1
- Download Trial Version
- Purchase and Download from Mac App Store
- YouTube Video
- Getting Started YouTube Video
- Latest Press Kit (zip)
Marcin Krzywonos (CEO)
Email: please use our contact form
Facebook Profile: View