Zielona Góra, Poland - The indie development team Apptorium is happy to announce the release and immediate availability of SideNotes 1.3, an important update to their note-taking solution for macOS. The app works without distracting its user, as it appears instantly on the side of the monitor when the need arises, and hides when not being used.
SideNotes allows Mac users to quickly take notes. To show the app window, user can choose their most preferable way: by a single click of the mouse, by clicking the menu bar icon, by pressing a keyboard shortcut, or by moving the mouse cursor to the screen side. Users can easily save ideas, pictures, task lists and many more, without being distracted from the main workflow. The app instantly appears, sliding over the other open windows with just one click or a keyboard combo. The app can be fully controllable with the keyboard.
SideNotes allows users to:
- Smoothly pull out notes from the edge your monitor and easily hide them again
- Organise notes in folders
- Mark notes with colors (color bar or background)
- Choose a user interface theme
- Drag and drop pictures directly from a web browser
- Save links, code snippets or colors
- Create task lists and mark items done
- Create notes directly from the pasteboard
- Drop any file or folder - the app will show the preview of it
- Three text formatting modes are available: Markdown, Plain Text and Code
- Use light or dark mode
- Record their own shortcuts
SideNotes offers its users an easy-to-access task list. Users can add a task by clicking the text formatting button or by using the key combo "CMD-T." This creates a line with a checkmark, which can be marked as done with a single mouse click. The app can also group notes into folders, each note can have one of six colors.
SideNotes text formatting takes advantage of both Markdown and plain text formatting. Using Markdown syntax, users can format text quickly. Formatting is rendered on the fly, allowing users to format text without knowing complicated syntax. The app also offers a Text Formatting button that displays a menu of various text formatting options.
Markdown formatting can be disabled by choosing Plain Text, or Code mode. Developers will appreciate Code mode, as it allows them to store short code snippets and it's retrievable with just a click. SideNotes also allows users to drop images into notes from saved images or drag-and-drop them directly from a web browser. The image size is automatically adjusted to the note's width. SideNotes also stores the original image, so when a user double-clicks it, the original image opens.
Version 1.3 brings numerous new and improved features:
- iCloud synchronization between computers (requires macOS 11 or newer)
- Refined User Interface
- Notes colors
- Folder sorting
- Quickly copying content of note via Share menu
- Note and folder URLs
- Markdown inline links
- Choosing default color for a new note
- Increased frequency of automatic backups (each 15, 30 and 45 minutes)
- Quickly moving note to top and bottom
- New shortcut to change state of a task: CMD .
- Defining a global shortcut for searching
- Hiding the app using CMD W
- Choosing where new notes and folders should be created (top, bottom, over current one, under current one)
- Choosing if app should ask for folder when creating new notes using global shortcut
- Reorganized Preferences window
- Opening last folder on app restart
- New shortcut to go to the last folder (CMD OPT O)
- Defining a global shortcut to creating a new note from pasteboard
- New introduction
- Added folder name to search result
- Setting note colors using keyboard shortcuts (CMD number)
- App now displays a guide line to resize the window
- Fixed: CMD number shortcuts were not working on numeric keyboard
- Fixed: drag and drop files to other apps was not always working
- Fixed: using Hot Side, app disappeared when launched using global shortcut
- Fixed: text copied from Microsoft apps (OneNote, Word, etc) was pasted as an image
- Fixed: dragging and dropping colors did not work
- macOS 10.15 or later; for iCloud synchronization: macOS 11
- 64-bit processor
- 30 MB
Pricing and Availability
SideNotes 1.3 is $19.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Productivity Category. The app is also available through the Apptorium website. A trial download version of the app is also available. Setapp subscribers also get access to SideNotes. Promo Codes are available to members of the press. For more info, please contact CEO/founder/Marcin Krzywonos.
Headquartered in Zielona Gora, Poland, Apptorium has been creating Mac and iOS software since 2016. The developers for the company make Mac and iOS apps because that's what they love. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2021 Apptorium. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Mac OS X, and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
- SideNotes 1.3
- Download Trial Version
- Purchase and Download from Mac App Store
- YouTube Video
- Getting Started YouTube Video
- Latest Press Kit (zip)