We're really happy to say that SideNotes 1.3 is out. It is the biggest update since 1.0.
Before we start, we need to thank our users. Since the first release, we've received lots of great feedback. Many of the improvements were made because you've suggested them. Ant that makes this app better and better. Thank you!
New SideNotes introduces iCloud Synchronization. It's a huge improvement if you use multiple computers. Enabling this feature is totally optional, so it's up to you if you enable it or not. We must also mention that iCloud synchronization requires macOS 11 or newer.
To distinguish notes, SideNotes offers color bars. Now you can choose between using the bar or having whole background in particular color.
We believe that SideNotes looks great as it is. Since its first launch, it has offered dark and light user interface. But everyone has their own preferences, so we've made Themes.
That's not all. We've made other nice improvements:
- greyed out Markdown markup
- changing font in Preferences -> Text
- options for creating new notes (see Preferences -> Creating Notes)
- new global keyboard shortcuts (see Preferences -> Shortcuts)
- folder sorting
- quickly copying content of note via Share menu
- URL-s of notes and folders
- Markdown inline links
- choosing default color for a new note
- quick moving note to top and bottom of the folder
- new keyboard shortcut to change state of a task (⌘.)
- opening last folder on app restart
- new shortcut to go to the last folder (⌘⌥O)
- folder name is displayed in the search results
There are also other improvements and fixes. For more, read the Release Notes.
If you already have SideNotes, you should have received a free update. If you don't have SideNotes, well, now it's the great time to get it